6 Personal Development Habits to Do Everyday
What if you stopped saying, “What If…” and started making your dreams a reality?
I’ve always been the kind of person that never took “No” for an answer. I’ve always thought that anything is possible, it’s just a matter of taking the right steps to make it happen. While my choices up until now have not led me to the path of fame, fortune or extreme notoriety, I’ve never believed that those things were out of reach. I know, to be super cliche for a moment, that if you dream it, you can do it.
If you feel uninspired, drained and like you’re not getting the most from your life, you have the power to change that...right now..but you have to be in the right mindset.
About a year ago I began working with a group of people just like myself who were determined to live a purposeful and inspirational life. They taught me the importance of personal development, especially for an entrepreneur or anyone trying to make an impact.
How can you be expected to help others if you don’t fill your cup first?
When you’re trying to build a business, make your dreams a reality or break away from the mold, there will be obstacles that make you want to give up. If you regularly work on your own personal development, you will develop the mindset that you need to never give up and to allow the problems that you face to make your stronger instead of hold you down.
You are your only limit
It’s not about your circumstances, your age, your gender, or your bank account; it’s only about you. The only thing that stands between you and your dreams is you. You have the power to change your life, by changing your mindset and it starts with taking the time for personal development.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Anonymous
You’ve got to step out of your comfort zone, push the boundaries and explore the possibilities. With an open mind, you have the ability to do or be whatever or whomever you desire. You can’t sit around and wait for things to come to you, you have to go out and get them. After all, time is passing and you've got one shot. Personal development creates a strong mind and a strong body, so that you can face whatever obstacles stand in the way of your dreams.
Here are some of my favorite ways to make sure I get in some personal development every single day:
1. Reading Personal Development Books (I loved #Girlboss, The Big Leap and I love reading about science and religion)
2. Exercising (A strong mind needs a strong body)
3. Taking the time to be grateful...every single day.
4. Listening to Podcasts from female entrepreneurs, health & fitness gurus and artists
5. Reflecting-On my day, my week year. I ask myself what went well? Where can I improve?
6. Sitting Still-Spending Time With Loved Ones-I LOVE what I do and it's so easy for me to get caught up in working until 11 PM (like I'm doing right now). So, I have to remind my self to put my phone away, close my lap top and be in the moment. Just because I CAN work at anytime, from anywhere, doesn't mean I HAVE to.
I'd love to know how you fill your cup.... What are some personal development habits that you have?